Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety
Health Services Research and Development Education & Training Core
Our goal is to provide nationally-recognized training and growth opportunities for fellows and faculty focused on academic careers in health services research. Here at IQuESt we pride ourselves on conducting innovative health services research that impacts real-world health outcomes in a unique, multidisciplinary training environment.
In order to foster faculty career development, we provide the following educational opportunities:
- Seminars and Workshops
- Continuing Education
- Methods and Analytics
- Professional Development
- Research in Progress for faculty to obtain peer feedback on research
- Faculty mentoring and peer mentoring
- Internal review of grants for submission
The Education Program directs VA-funded M.D. and Ph.D. Post-doctoral Fellowship programs in Health Services Research. We also support a variety of other in-residence post-doctoral fellows. Fellowships housed at IQuESt fellowships include:
- Big Data-Scientist Training Enhancement Program (BD-STEP)
- Cardiovascular Surgery T32 Research Training Program (Application information is within this link)
- Gastroenterology T32 Research Training Grant
- Health Professions Education Evaluation and Research (HPEER)
- Health Services Research (HSR) MD and PhD Fellowship
- Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center (MIRECC)/Advanced Physician
- Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center (MIRECC)/Advanced Psychology
The goals of these fellowships are to produce independent researchers, educators, and clinical leaders. Fellows housed here are seeking opportunities in health services research and receive mentoring within our interdisciplinary team science approach. There are typically 8-14 fellows residing at IQuESt each year. All fellows join one of our active interdisciplinary teams and are matched with appropriate mentors. Fellows and mentors create personalized mentoring plans to develop the skills and experiences necessary for a position in academic health services research based on our model of interdisciplinary team science.
IQuESt has a broad network of educational partners, which fosters collaboration and extends the reach of opportunities to mentor and be mentored.
*This link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site and will open in a new window. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of linked Web sites.