Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety
Jennifer Freytag, Ph.D., J.D.
Advanced Post-Doctoral Fellow, Health Services Research and Development, Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, Houston, TX
Phone: 713-794-1414 ext. 10239
- Examining the way patients, family members, and clinicians communicate with one another, especially when making decisions about complicated care and planning for end-of-life care.
- Finding ways to help patients and families articulate goals for their care and to get the resources needed to accomplish those goals.
- Using an ecological approach to develop and assess clinical interventions.
- Ph.D., Communication, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- M.A., Technical Communication and Rhetoric, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- B.A., English and History, University of Texas, Austin, Texas
Awards and Activities
- Clinical Scientist Training Program, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Jim and Bonnie Creel Health Communication Fellowship recipient, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Lechner Scholar, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Licensed Texas attorney and trained mentor
*This link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site and will open in a new window. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of linked Web sites.